Sunday, April 4, 2010

MLB Opening Day is Tonight Sox vs Yanks

Technically speaking, Opening Day is tomorrow, April 5th.  But the MLB folks thought it would be exciting to match up Boston & NYY tonight on ESPN2 and I think they are correct. 
 As a baseball fan whose home team is still the Dodgers, I look forward to watching the game tonight because I live in Sox territory and people here are rabid.  I mean foaming at the mouth rabid about their Boston teams.  I doubt they are any more obnoxious about it than NY fans but, tonight, they're playing in Boston.  In that spirit and in the spirit of the great musical, Damn Yankees, I'll be watching and rooting for the "home team",  the Red Sox.



10 comments:

DJan said...

Not being much of a sports fan, I can still appreciate the excitement others feel for the beginning of the season. It's almost here for you! Yayy!

Brian Miller said...

watching it on TV...there is just something about seeing the yanks lose. smiles. hope you had a wonderful easter.

California Girl said...

Djan: I was excited before the game. We're in the 5th now and losing so my excitement is waning...

Brian: You wrote this in the second inning when they were tied, right?
It's bottom of the 5th, 5-2 Yankees. Oh, but Pedro is back! woo hoo!

Subby said...

I no longer watch but still pick on the Red Sox fans at work...well, someone has too, heh, heh...and tied up @ 7 last check...( thanks Mom )

California Girl said...

Sox win 9-7 and it was nip and tuck all the way. Go Sox!

Subby said...

I really should start watching again...someone let me know when the Cubs ever get back in the race, heh...

...and you are re-linked ;)

California Girl said...

Subby: If the Sox could overcome the "Curse of the Bambino" then the Cubs should be able to make their way back...They just need multi gazillionaire owners willing to spend big bucks for the best talent roster on the planet. I had to look up to see who Tom Ricketts is. Still no idea. They shoulda picked Cuban.

Subby said...

Might you be refering to this guy?

And money doesn't always equal talent, y'know...just sayin'...

California Girl said...

Yes, that guy.

At least the NEW Tribune Co, Sam Zell & cronies, no longer has them. They are in bankruptcy as anyone who's been in broadcasting forever knows and knew when they bought the team. They overpaid for everything they bought and then wondered why they went BK

mouse (aka kimy) said...

yeah! the sox won! damn yankees is right.

my head is still in the hoops these days...go huskies (uconn women huskies that is)!! one more win to take the whole enchilada!

our local indians lost miserably last night in chicago...they've been pretty miserable the last few years as it is.