Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Followers





I was incredibly psyched to visit my blogs today and see new followers on this and my other blog: Women of a Certain Age. Thank all of you for signing up. It gives me a sense of purpose and responsibility and makes me want to write more! This blog, Empty Nest Evolution, began as a writiing exercise. I thought if I did this I would learn more about structure, headlines, content, etc. I'm a frustrated wannabe writer who never pursued her passion when she was young. I was always too busy making a living. In fact, I am still working in my career industry but it is no longer my mission in life.

I realize how important it is to not give up your dreams. Blogging has introduced me to so many interesting people from all walks of life. I'm especially struck by the number of women my age (fifties) who are blogging. It's like we've all found our voice at once!

Am I addicted? You bet. Is it okay? It's not only okay, it's therapy! Everybody keep writing your hearts out. I do it for myself but I'd be less than honest if I didn't say your comments serve to fuel my fire. Thanks again.

13 comments:

e said...

Thanks for visiting my Blog. Yours look very interesting!

Keep dreaming and doing!

Anne said...

Great blog title and thanks for visiting!

Minka said...

"Writing exercise" is the exactly same expression I use for my blog. But writing goes well together with reading and yours is very good for that. So: Thanks for writing! :)

California Girl said...

e, annie & minka: there are alot of really fine writers out there. blogging not only gives us a medium but a great way to read the work of others. it's just amazing.

Tanna said...

Wow! I am so excited to find your second blog! I am excited about the "fify-somethings" that are out here in the blogsphere. Addicted? Think I am well on my way! Love your writing! Thank you.

mo_inoh said...

nothing wrong with writing down whats in your hart. nice blog

mouse (aka kimy) said...

keep on keeping on!!!!!

California Girl said...

Thanks kimy & mo_inoh for the encouragement. It is a labor of love for sure.

Nancy said...

I couldn't agree with the post more! I, too, am enjoying reading other people's view of life and whatever else interests them. I look for those that write well, as it is also an inspiration. I am also learning so much. It has been great. But I am spending more and more time at it...

Your blogs have always been interesting and well written. And the photos are just beautiful.

I'm having a hard time accessing around FeedBurner, though. It wants me to join in order to read your blogs, so I just click on your icon when you respond. Is there an easier way?

California Girl said...

Yes. Delete the two feedburner links on your blog. I don't understand them either. I've experimented w/ alot of widgets over the past year and some work better than other. If you manually enter links into a list on your blog (because I see you have a list of blogs you read all of which appear to be through the blogspot widget as you have all the others. Or go to my blogs. As a FOLLOWER, my new posts should pop up on your reader. I hope this helps. if not, let me know and I'll do more research.

Tanna said...

Help?! I cannot get the "following" item to work on my blog for yours. It says "feedburner" and says last post was eleven months ago. I tried to manually enter... it still went back to the feedburner message. =/ Any suggestions?

PS thank you for your comments today. Friends are special gifts! You will have to stop by my other blog, which for a few weeks was titled, "The Change: Women of a Certain Age." LOL. Sound familiar? We are of that age and I think we are roaring! LOL. Helen Reddy would be proud. =)

California Girl said...

Hi Tanna: read my reply to Lover of Life above your comment. I'm not sure if she tried that yet but it should work. I have sent a question in to Feedburner as to why both my blogs look outdated & the widget doesn't work. Waiting for a reply.

California Girl said...

Lover of Life & Tanna: I just realized you are both "Followers" so my response comments to you both were unnecessary. Doh! (headslap)

Hopefully Feedburner will get back to me because I honestly don't know how to fix the problem w/o their guidance.