Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

And I think we are all glad to say "Buh bye 2009". Oi vey, what a year! I had some good things happen...like my new job in tv sales. For the most part, however, it was rrrrrough for the nation (channeling Tina Turner here). I believe the media is concentrating too much on the negative and not enough on the positive. Need to get our hopes up again for better times. Congress can help a great deal if they do a better job overseeing the expenditure of all that cash they're handing out. Cutting corporate salaries, eliminating perks and bonuses would do much to restore faith that the government still represents the "little people" (that's you and me). They seem to be headed in that direction with the auto industry but what about AIG and all the big banks who still aren't lending any money? Hey! Wake up!

The newly elected President takes office this month. Thank God for that and may God help him in all his endeavors to get this country back on track again. That is the very best news of all this New Year's Day.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm amazed how hard they have been on the auto companies for 25 billion and yet have no idea how the 350 billion is being spent by the banks!

I agree with needing some positive energy for 2009.

Happy New Year to you and your family!
P.S. I love your pictures