Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's Beginning to Sound A lot Like...

Of all the Christmas music in the world, I think I like the Vince Guaraldi composed "A Charlie Brown Christmas" the most.  It expresses every feeling one can have during the holiday season, from joy to poignancy.  I've had the album/CD for years and it gets the most play of all, surpassing the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Bing, Perry, A Very Special Christmas Vol. 1, Fred Waring.  I can never get enough.



Yes, I love the other great songs:  The Christmas Song, I'll Be Home for Christmas, White Christmas, It's Beginning to Look Alot like Christmas, Happy Christmas War Is Over (John Lennon LOVE IT), Wonderful Christmastime (McCartney), Santa Baby, etc etc.  They are funny, sad, emotional and they fill me with memories.  But nothing surpasses Vince Guaraldi.  His work is one of a kind.  He broke the mold.



Share/Bookmark

6 comments:

Brian Miller said...

nice...i do like christmas music...maybe because we only hear it once a year...def like me some lennon...

Janie Junebug said...

I love all those. The music from Charlie Brown always gets to me. My favorite carol is O Holy Night.

Love,
Janie

California Girl said...

Brian, I realize, while listening to a Christmas channel on Pandora, how calming yet joyful is the music.

California Girl said...

Janie, I went to church yesterday for the second Sunday in Advent. We sang "O, Come All Ye Faithful" and "Angels From the Realms of Glory" which take me back to childhood, choir practice and long cherished traditions.

Pat Tillett said...

Very nice! I like that also.
I like Christmas music, but when I heard it playing on the PA system two days before Halloween, I thought that was a little much.

Ed & Jeanne said...

Here, here! Vince is THE Christmas music for me. I just cannot take 185 renditions of "Santa Baby" after awhile...