Saturday, November 19, 2011

The Art of Racing in the Rain



If you love dogs, this is the book for you.

        
I stayed up late to finish last night.  It's one of those books you cannot 
put down; the story of a family from the dog's perspective.  He's a smart
dog too.  He thinks ahead; he acts independently; he sees, smells and
hears things we humans cannot.  He is the center of a family coming
unraveled due to circumstances largely beyond their control.  


I'll never look at my dogs in the same way again.




Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Brian Miller said...

it is a great book...i picked it up at the library off the sale rack...

Grandmother Mary said...

This looks so good- I'll get it for sure!

Janie Junebug said...

Mr. Fox sent me the link to this post. It's lovely. I adore dogs, as he well knows. I shall follow you, and I hope you'll follow me too.

Love,
Lola

DJan said...

Ohhh, I love your new look! And I read "Last Dog on the Hill" in much the same way. Thanks for the tip!

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, that sounds really great. I always wonder what animals are thinking...and assume it's much more than we give them credit for.

Kate Hanley said...

Sounds like a great book! I am always wondering what my cats are thinking. But to be honest, I've always been and always will be a dog person!

mouse (aka kimy) said...

really enjoyed this book...on a similar 'note' (tale told through the eyes/mind of a dog)you have (i mean HAVE) to read paul auster's timbuktu....(if you haven't read it already).....