Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Kind of Crap We Do in New England




The Stanley Cup made a quick touchdown in our little corner of NH yesterday.  It was enroute to a private party in Maine and the pilot is a good friend of one of the restaurateurs here so he gave he chosen assembly a thrill, landed the copter for 5 whole minutes.  People just wanted to touch it.  I kid you not.

My husband viewed the video and said

"cool video...but have to admit that I am amazed at the resources wasted on a dumb hunk of metal.  Worshiping useless stuff is part of human behavior I will never understand."
I have to laugh because I immediately thought of Baal and idol worship, Old Testament warnings and everyone going to "H E double hockey sticks", which makes me laugh even more!


By the way, it looks like a big ole' milk can!
Share/Bookmark

7 comments:

Grandmother Mary said...

I guess it's what it represents which really does make it idol worship… but crazy behavior is not restricted to New England. Not an elegant statue though.

ratatouille's archives said...

Hi! C.G...
Another interesting post...When it comes to what your husband said..lol
However, some men [and some women too!] love all sports and they "idol" the "wares" that come along with it!
C.G...Nice avatar, nice [B]iblical quote, and Thanks, for sharing the video too!
deedee ;-D

Brian Miller said...

i feel you on this...sports get taken way too serious....way....we all worship something...

mermaid gallery said...

it came to Nelson one year and i have a picture of my sister beside it....not thrilling to me...but thrilling to her....kind of fun though....

Betsy Brock said...

OH, that is funny! People do the craziest stuff. I think that about celebrities sometimes. They're people, too....just like the rest of us.

It does look like a milk can!

Christine said...

came to our town a few years ago too, boy were the little kids excited, I live in a small town, its all hockey here (I didn't go to see it)

Baino said...

Ugh it's football final weekend here and the state's gone apeshit. I just don't get it.