Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Jane in Moscow



One of my very good friends, Jane, is in her second, maybe third, act teaching in Moscow. After 20+ years teaching the fourth grade in a New Hampshire elementary school, raising a daughter alone, seeing her through college and recently, elegantly, married, Jane is on an adventure.

She applied to teach in a foreign school and was picked to go to Moscow where I believe she is teaching the children of American diplomats and workers. She went all by herself. Very ballsy, I think.

She has embraced her experiences with great vigor and humor. She should be writing a blog! She keeps her friends informed with a running commentary via email. Occasionally there are photos and I share a few today.


Wish I'd kept the ones of her at the pyramids.

No comments: